Sunday, July 5, 2009

What is the "Truth Channel?

Welcome to the "introductory" posting of this blog. Those of you who know me understand what I mean when I say "trust the truth channel". For those of you who are wondering what in the world I mean ... here goes!
I have never met anyone who didn't know that they really can't lose 10 pounds in 10 days. Most people know that real women and men don't look like the artificial images that are shoved down our throats every day. Yet, we fall victim to these distorted messages time and time again. We undertake artificial measures (like dieting) to achieve artificial results. Let's encourage each other to trust the truth channel that we all inherently have in our noggin. Let's expose and discuss the harmful misinformation we come across. Share how you have learned to trust the truth and challenge the diet mentality so prevalent in our culture. We are all on this journey together!
Reba Sloan, MPH, LRD, FAED

No comments:

Post a Comment